My book drops today. Dropped. It dropped.

It’s almost a mirage, that it’s happening. Happened. Today.

And as I write this post, the paper looming over my head, a writing I will be doing that will be so different to the writing I have done for this book, this book where the ethics of care looms large, the ties that bind, the ties of friendship, deep and historical friendship, of laughter and of tears, and it occurs to me that I am so grateful to flex muscles I did not know I had. Oh, to think of the obliviousness with which I walked into Grad School, and to consider how far I’ve come, in adapting to a vernacular so enmeshed in tongues, and how much further I will continue to go, until I speak so casually in it.

Yeah, I’m excited my book came out today. That it will be available. To be read and heard by people close to me and people I will not know, but know they’re there, in the distance, connecting with these characters who flourished in my imagination, and allowed me to tell their stories.

And tomorrow, I will pick up my paper-work, and continue to parse through the speak of which I yearn to thrive at.

2 thoughts on “My book drops today. Dropped. It dropped.”