AutoEnthnography

I have been thinking alot about our auto-ethnography posts on padlet. Writing mine was cathartic. While the amount of selfies on my camera roll might expose my narcissistic tendencies (although I like to think of it within the frame work self love) the auto-ethnography assignment felt third person-y in a way that led to introspection. I am still working out why that is.

The equalityarchive is where I am going to focus my efforts for the short project – but after a brief conversation with Matt after class – I began thinking more and more about an auto-ethnography project for the bigger/final project. Something to incorporate my wordpress experience, content creation and to just CREATE and build something outside of the parameters of a paper. I found alot of examples of papers, chapters, books etc but I found a really interesting website and while I did not do a deep dive here is the description:

The AutoEthnographer is an award-winning, non-profit, open-access, peer-reviewed literary and arts magazine dedicated to presenting the creative side of autoethnography, a qualitative research method that utilizes lived experience as evidence with which to explore cultural phenomena. A 501(c)(3), our vision is to become a trusted platform to share and educate readers about evocative personal inquiry; we believe that autoethnography, the intersection of ethnography & autobiography, is a powerful tool for cultural, personal, and professional reflection and expression. Our secondary mission is to support emerging authors and artists, promote cultural diversity awareness, and celebrate creative inquiry.

I am not going to develop a 501(c)3 – atleast that is not my goal. But this was a good example of that start of something that might be cool. Or atleast interesting for yall too.